Total Pageviews

March 3, 2018

Today we celebrate:


33 Flavors Day - I couldn’t find out much about this day but I believe it has a connection to Baskin-Robbins and their beginnings way back in 1945. Perhaps this is their anniversary. But my understanding is that they have 31 flavors of ice cream, not 33. Perhaps someone could educate me on this matter?

What if Cats and Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs Day - I don’t know who created this day, but the idea is to take time today to contemplate what your life would be like if your cat and/or dog had opposable thumbs. You probably think they get into things they shouldn’t now….just imagine...nothing in your house would be safe unless it was locked in a safe.

National I Want You To Be Happy Day – Today is all about being unselfish and doing whatever will make someone else happy, as long as it is legal. Extreme example: You cannot kill someone just because it would make someone else happy, so don't even think about it.

National Cold Cuts Day – What would our sandwiches be without cold cuts in them? There is such an amazing variety of cold cuts out there to experience and yet, I only ever buy ham and turkey because that is all my children want to eat.

National Anthem Day – The United States adopted The Star-Spangled Banner as its National Anthem on this day in 1931. A good choice, if you ask me, although they didn't, probably only because I wasn’t born yet. It was written during the War of 1812 by Francis Scott Key who was being detained on a British ship during the attack on Fort Henry.

Peach Blossom Day – Peach blossoms are found on peach trees which were first cultivated in China a very long time ago. A beautiful and delicate looking flower, I'm wondering if they smell like peaches.

National Mulled Wine Day – This is a beverage that is made by mixing red wine with mulling spices and raisins. It is usually served warm and the alcohol content is optional. Definitely a drink that will warm you up on this cold winter night.


International Open Data Day - First celebrated in 2013, I believe, this is a day for groups all over the world to host local events that highlight the desirability of open data policies for businesses and governments at all levels. This appears to be a first Saturday in March holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment