Total Pageviews

February 21, 2014

Today we celebrate:

International Mother Language Day – On this day in 1952, students demonstrating for recognition of their mother language, Bangla (one of two Pakistani languages) were shot and killed by police in Dhaka. So, nearly 50 years later, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization chose this day to promote the preservation of all languages used by people all over the world. So feel free to speak your mother language today. I am.

Card Reading Day – This is a day to dig out all those cards you kept for whatever reason and stuffed in a drawer or a box somewhere. Read them again today and reminisce over good times. I have all of the Mother's Day cards my children and my husband have given me so I'm going to be looking at those today.


National Sticky Bun Day – I haven't found a gluten free sticky bun yet that is as good as one made with regular flour, but I'm going to dedicate today to continuing my search. The rest of you, enjoy your sticky buns.

To celebrate today, speak in your mother language all day today while you eat sticky buns and read all of the cards you have kept over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment