Total Pageviews

January 18, 2014

Today we celebrate:

Thesaurus Day – Peter Roget was born on this day in 1779. He created (authored, composed, devised, fathered, invented, made) Roget's Thesaurus, which I still use (employ, utilize) periodically (occasionally, sporadically).

Peking Duck Day – An interesting dish that I didn't really think was food at first. It has been a Chinese specialty for more than a thousand years.

National Winnie the Pooh Day – A.A. Milne, the creator of Winnie the Pooh, was born on this day in 1882. A sweeter, more loveable bear was never created, in my opinion.

National Sanctity of Human Life Day (or Pro-Life Day) – This is a day to spread the idea that life begins at conception and abortion should be prohibited. I know that is a controversial topic and has been for a long time so don't bombard me with messages chastising me for promoting this day. I didn't make it up, I'm just telling you about it. I am not telling you how I feel about it yea or nay.


To celebrate (consecrate, dedicate, honor, observe, glorify, exalt) today, try reading (perusing, studying) the thesaurus to the Winnie The Pooh bear you know you have lying around somewhere. Then have Peking Duck for dinner while you debate your views on abortion and the sanctity of human life with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment