Total Pageviews

February 24, 2016

Today we celebrate:


World Bartender Day - Bartenders are beverage creators and servers and sometimes therapists. They hear a lot of gripes from a lot of people, and have to deal with a lot of inebriated people, and have to remember how to make hundreds of different kinds of drinks, all while maintaining their cheerful, ready to serve, attitude.  I think they deserve to have a day to themselves. I think they also deserve a little extra tip if you see one today.

National Tortilla Chip Day – A very yummy snack that goes really well with salsa and guacamole. And it's gluten free! So I can eat all I want.

Inconvenience Yourself Day – Celebrated on the fourth Wednesday in February, this is a day to go out of your way to do something for others. There are a million opportunities that come up in the course of a normal day that you can take advantage of in order to put yourself out and help someone. You just have to pay attention. Is there someone in one of those motorized shopping cart things at the grocery store who needs help reaching something high? Ask if you can get it for them. Let someone go ahead of you in line or while you're driving. I know if you're thinking about it, you'll find a way to help someone even if it’s just simply holding the door for someone or giving someone a smile when it looks like they’re having a bad day.


Pink Shirt Day - This is a day about standing up to bullying.  Far too many people turn away and don’t take a stand when they see bullying happen.  I was one of them when I was a kid.  I was bullied and witnessed my bullies tormenting others and I was too afraid to do anything about it.  I still feel a lot of guilt about it to this day even though I know the situation wasn’t my fault.  I should have said something to someone who could have stopped it.  I didn’t then, but I would now.  You can too.  Make a start today by wearing a pink shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment