Total Pageviews

March 2, 2017

Today we celebrate:


National Banana Cream Pie Day – My kids are not fans of this kind of pie, but I am. Try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.

National Old Stuff Day – We have some choices in celebrating this day. We can revel in the old stuff we have, find all our old stuff and get rid of it, or forsake the old stuff and try something new this year. I plan to do a little bit of all of that. I certainly have plenty of old stuff that I can get rid of, I have some other old stuff that I’d like to last a little longer so I’ll try to fix it up a bit, and who doesn’t like to get a little something new now and then.

Dr. Seuss Day – On this day in 1904, Dr. Seuss was born. Of course, his parents didn’t name him that. They named him Theodor Seuss Geisel, but when he turned out to be a wonderful author, poet and cartoonist, he chose the name Dr. Seuss. He began publishing cartoons when he was at Dartmouth College. That was the first time he used the alias “Seuss”.

NEA's Read Across America Day – This day is officially celebrated today since this is Dr. Seuss's birthday. However, whenever this day falls on a weekend, most schools and other organizations celebrate on either the Friday before or the Monday after. This year since it is a Thursday, they don’t need to worry about it. This is the 20th year of celebrations of this day.

World Book Day - Created by World Book Day Ltd, and celebrated on the first Thursday of March in UK and Ireland (although this is not set in stone and they will change it if they see the need to do so). Other countries may join in and celebrate at different times. This is a day to promote books and reading especially among school children.

No comments:

Post a Comment