Total Pageviews

March 28, 2017

Today we celebrate:


American Diabetes Association Alert Day – Celebrated on the 4th Tuesday in March, this is a day for everyone to take the Diabetes Risk Test to find out if you are at risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes. This is something that I take seriously because of the high rate of diabetes in my family. I encourage you to take it seriously as well.

Data Innovation Day – For the fifth year, we will be celebrating information by participating in an online virtual conference of data scientists, technologists, civic leaders and more to talk about how data is making the world a better place. Sign up at the link I have provided to participate between 12noon and 4pm EST. It will be celebrated in Brussels this year.

Eat An Eskimo Pie Day - This day is pretty self-explanatory. I have no idea who created it or why….well I can figure out the why. Clearly it is because the creator of the day loves Eskimo Pies. I personally have never had one. Anyone have a gluten free recipe I could try?

National Hot Tub Day - Those of you lucky enough to have access to a hot tub really need to try to celebrate this day. Have a nice long, soothing, relaxing soak for me, would you?

Children’s Picture Book Day - Kids love picture books. My kids used to sit with a stack and just look at picture after picture. We would read them together over and over again until they used to “read” them back to me. I was amazed until I realized they had memorized the stories and weren’t actually reading the words. But learning the words happened soon after and now they love to read.

National Black Forest Cake Day – Layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream and cherries. What could be more delicious? This cake can have a surprising number of calories, but I know that if you look carefully, you'll find a delicious low-cal recipe.

National Something On A Stick Day – Corn dogs and popsicles are not the only things that can be put on a stick and eaten. Kebobs are probably a little healthier, but you could take quite a few foods and put them on a stick so you don't need to use utensils today.

Barnum And Bailey Day – On this day in 1881, P.T. Barnum and James A. Bailey merged their circuses and created the “Greatest Show On Earth”. The Ringling Brothers purchased it in 1907 and in 1919 added their name to the title.

Weed Appreciation Day – Weeds are just not given enough credit. People are always pulling them up and throwing them aside but did you know that you can eat some weeds? Young dandelion greens are good in a salad, I hear. Even weeds serve a purpose in the circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment