Total Pageviews

September 11, 2013

Today we celebrate:

National Hot Cross Bun Day – These delicious buns were usually eaten only on Good Friday but these days you can have them any time of year.

Make Your Bed Day – This is a great day! I really like this one. I think I'll print out this blog and post it on my children's bedroom doors.

No News Is Good News Day – This is my mantra whenever my children are away from me and I start to worry about them for no reason whatsoever. I remind myself that if something goes wrong, I'll get a phone call or something. You should remind yourself of that today as well.



Odd Day – With a date like 9-11-13, this is considered to be an “odd” day. The last odd day was 7-9-11 and the next one will be 11-13-15. After that, I don't think there will be another one for a very long time.

Libraries Remember Day – On this day, Libraries commemorate the tragedies of September 11, 2001. The Bensenville Community Public Library in Illinois remembers by staying open for the entire 24 hours of this day. Check with your local library to see if they have any special commemoration events going on.

National Day of Service and Remembrance (Patriot Day)–
This is a day to remember and honor those who died on this day in 2001 by doing whatever you can to help others in need. It isn't hard to find community service projects that need your help. Seek them out and keep those who were lost in mind while you do.

To celebrate today, make your bed when you get up, mark your calendar and circle this special odd day, then go to your Library and ask them for help finding a community service project that is just waiting for your special talents. Lastly, have a hot cross bun while you listen to the silence of your phone that is not delivering any bad news, therefore you have nothing but good news at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment