Total Pageviews

December 12, 2013

Today we celebrate:

National Ambrosia Day – This dish is not called “food of the gods” for nothing. It's pretty heavenly if you ask me. Fruit, marshmallows, whipped cream, do I need to say more?

Gingerbread House Day – This is a day to make a good, old-fashioned gingerbread house with your children. Gingerbread walls, frosting for glue and candy for decorations. Fun to make and really fun to eat.

National Ding-A-Ling Day – I'm not really sure what this day is all about. My research was only able to find a suggestion that this day is about celebrating the internal ding-a-ling in all of us. I've certainly got a little bit of ding-a-ling in me and I'm sure that at least some of you have a little bit in you as well. Of course, I guess that depends on what you consider to be a ding-a-ling.

National 12-hour Fresh Breath Day –
This is a day to work on your breath. If you have bad breath, you might want to consider scheduling an appointment with your dentist because it could indicate a problem that needs to be fixed. Otherwise, use some mouthwash and brush those teeth and you should have great smelling breath for quite some time.

Poinsettia Day
– On this day in 1851, Joel Roberts Poinsett, an American botanist, physician and Minister to Mexico, died. Prior to his death, in 1828, he sent cuttings of the plant we now call Poinsettia from his location in Southern Mexico to his home in Charleston, SC.

To celebrate today, brush your teeth before you decorate your house with poinsettias. Then eat ambrosia while you make gingerbread houses with your fellow ding-a-lings.

Today I'd like to thank my reader in Israel.  I don't know who you are, but you clearly have good taste in reading material.


No comments:

Post a Comment