Total Pageviews

April 20, 2016

Today we celebrate:

National Pineapple Upside-down Cake Day – This is a fun cake to make but somehow I never manage to make it without it breaking somehow when I flip it over to get it out of the pan. Does anyone have any advice for me? This cake from the browneyedbaker.com looks pretty delicious.

Look Alike Day – Did you know that you look just like Jennifer Lopez? Really, I swear! I think everyone looks like someone else. I found someone in Texas years ago that looked just like my sister. No one else thought so, but I’m telling you, she really did!

Volunteer Recognition Day – This is a day to honor the thousands and thousands of volunteers who spend so much of their time helping others in a myriad of ways every day. They go out of their way with no financial incentive for their work whether they are building houses, walking dogs, delivering meals, or any other of the endless ways there are to volunteer.

UN Chinese Language Day - This is one of the major languages used by the members of the United Nations. It is celebrated today because this is the day the Chinese honor Cang Jie. Legend has it that Cang Jie created the Chinese characters around 5,000 years ago and when he did, the Gods and ghosts cried and it came down as millet instead of rain.


Lima Bean Respect Day - People have been eating lima beans for the last 8,000 or so years. I’m not a fan but my husband loves them and they are really healthy for you so maybe I should give them another chance. Scientists are even studying them in cancer research because they contain something that seems to inhibit the growth of cancer cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment