Total Pageviews

August 3, 2017

Today we celebrate:


National Watermelon Day – Today is a day to celebrate the juicy, comes in its own packaging, flavorful, watermelon. My kids love watermelon but I never think of buying it when I’m at the store. I’ll have to add it to my shopping list for today.

Grab Some Nuts Day – Nuts are a great source of protein and healthy fat. If you need a little protein burst to last until your next meal, a handful of nuts (assuming you are not allergic) is a great option. Or add some nuts to a salad to round out a vegetarian meal.

Esther Day - Esther Grace Earl was born on this day in 1994. When she was 12, she was diagnosed with metastasized papillary thyroid cancer. Through 4 years of treatments, she did whatever she could to be a typical teen and to live life to the fullest. This is a day for you to do the same. Esther, when told that her friends and family wanted to make a day to honor her, said that she wanted it to be a day to celebrate love for family and friends. So today, remember to tell the important people in your life that you love them.

India Pale Ale Beer Day – India Pale Ale is a special kind of beer that is made a different way than regular beer. Do not ask me for the technical details. I found the information but I didn't understand it well enough to explain it to you. Just know that it is different, so if you haven’t tried it, maybe you should. This day is celebrated on the first Thursday of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment