Total Pageviews

March 19, 2014

Today we celebrate:


National Poultry Day – Poultry is not just chicken. It could be any domesticated bird raised for meat or eggs. Be creative today, try something you've never tried before like quail, goose or pheasant. http://www.readersdigest.ca/food/cooking/5-unusual-poultry-dishes

National Chocolate Caramel Day – OK, I admit it, I'm salivating right now. I love chocolate and caramel which is why I never have any of it around. But since today is a special day, I guess I just have to go out and get some.

Kick Butts Day – Some of my karate friends are going to see this and say, “YES!” But read on, my friends because we are talking about a different kind of 'butts'. Today is a day for fighting against the Tobacco industry, encouraging kids to not pick up the tobacco habit, and raising awareness about the health concerns related to tobacco. There are more than a thousand events of different kinds with this goal in mind scheduled around the world today. http://www.kickbuttsday.org/

Swallows Return To San Juan Capistrano Day – I don't know how these birds know what day it is but apparently they are always on time and there is a big festival to celebrate their return. The scout swallows come first to make sure everything is ready for the party. http://www.sanjuancapistrano.net/swallows/

Operation Iraqi Freedom Day – On this day in 2003, President George W. Bush got on the television and announced the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The mission was to rid Iraq of Saddam Hussein and stop Iraq from being able to produce weapons of mass destruction.

To celebrate today, dump the cigarettes in the trash and head to San Juan Capistrano to greet the swallows. Then tell your kids all about Operation Iraqi Freedom while you have some pheasant and chocolate caramels for dinner.

On a personal note, I have been considering the idea of posting ads on this blog in an effort to see if it is possible to make money doing something like this. This would affect you, my readers, more than me so I wanted to see what people thought about it. You would not, of course, be obliged to click on any of the ads, but I don't know whether people would find it annoying to have them there. Please feel free to comment with your thoughts on the matter. I also want to thank you for taking time out of your day to read my page. I still find it amazing that people from all over the world are choosing to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment