Total Pageviews

June 2, 2015

Today we celebrate:

I Love My Dentist Day - Dentists get a very bad rap because for some reason, people don’t like to go see their dentist.  I am not one of those people. When a couple of years go between checkups it’s not because I don’t like my dentist (He’s been my dentist since I was 5, I love him!), it’s just because I’m too busy taking care of my children to take care of myself.  But your dentist is very important.  Make scheduling a visit a priority.  When things go wrong with your teeth, they can affect the health of the rest of your body.

National Rocky Road Day – Chocolate, marshmallows and nuts all mixed up in a bar or a cookie or ice cream. I'm not a fan because I have never liked nuts in my desserts, but I can see the appeal to other dessert fans.

National Bubba Day – I couldn't find a really reliable source for this day. What I did find tells me that this is a day to salute all those who are known by the name (or nickname) “Bubba”. For example, Forrest Gump's friend, Benjamin Buford “Bubba” Blue.  If  you know several Bubbas, throw a party for them and call everyone “Bubba” for a day.

National Leave the Office Early Day – This is a day to combat workaholism. Today you are going to leave work early and actually enjoy the rest of your day. Do not spend all of your time and energies at work. There is life outside the office and you need to explore it today.  Although some people claim this day is celebrated on June 3rd, it seems to me that the majority place it today.

To celebrate today, leave work early to eat rocky road ice cream with all the Bubbas you know before you go visit your dentist for a good teeth cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment