Total Pageviews

June 22, 2015

Today we celebrate:

National Onion Rings Day - While I don’t understand the joy some people have in eating these, since I’m not that fond of onions, I do realize that I am in the minority in that regard in my household and probably the entire country.  So if you enjoy this particular fried food, feel free to indulge today.

National Chocolate Eclair Day – This delicious treat has everything going for it, a sweet cream filling, a melt in your mouth pastry, and a heavenly chocolate topping. I'll have to get some for the family tonight.

Polar Bear Swim – This is a Southern Hemisphere day today. The Northern Hemisphere celebrates this day on January 1st usually, although I think some celebrate on December 21st, our winter solstice. On this day crazy people jump into the freezing cold water for reasons I cannot completely fathom. That's usually all this day entails because after all, it's too cold for a picnic.  Please note that every organization that participates in this day, does so at their own convenience.  Therefore, there may be many Polar Bear Swim events on different days around this one.


To celebrate today, head for the Southern Hemisphere to jump in the freezing water before you warm up with onion rings and a chocolate eclair.

No comments:

Post a Comment