Total Pageviews

July 9, 2013

Today we celebrate:

National Sugar Cookie Day – I'm not a huge fan of these, they are a little too ordinary for me. I prefer something a little more unusual in my cookie. But my kids like them and so I make them now and then.

Martyrdom of The Bab – On this day in 1850 in Persia, the Bab was executed at the age of 31 by the government who feared his rapidly increasing following. Members of the Baha'i Faith hold this day to be holy and talk about the miracles that happened on this day. http://www.bahai.us/2012/07/08/baha%E2%80%99is-commemorate-martyrdom-of-the-bab-forerunner-of-baha%E2%80%99u%E2%80%99llah/

Ramadan – This is an Islamic holiday that lasts from last night until August 7th and involves fasting during the daylight hours. This is a time for Muslims to focus on God and to purify their souls.

To celebrate today, fast during the day and then have some sugar cookies in the evening while explaining the Baha'i miracles to your children.


No comments:

Post a Comment