Total Pageviews

April 13, 2013

Today we celebrate:

National Peach Cobbler Day – That's just peachy! I love peaches but I don't get them very often because they always go bad so fast. Maybe I'll try again so I can make some delicious cobbler today.

Scrabble Day – On this day in 1899, Alfred Mosher Butts was born. Why is this significant, you ask? Well, without Mr. Butts, there would be no Scrabble game. So find your board that the kids buried in the closet or toy chest (Come on, you know you have one somewhere, everyone does!) and dust it off and show your kids how it's done.

Thomas Jefferson Day – This father of our country was born on this day in 1743. I know he was a slave owner and I can't respect him for that. However, he was also a man who did great things for this country and I can't help but respect him for that. http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/brief-biography-thomas-jefferson

Baby Massage Day – Always on the second Saturday in April, this is a day to learn how to massage your baby. If you do it right, and your baby doesn't have sensory issues that make it painful, this is a great technique to relax your baby especially before they go to bed. I've also heard that it can help with colic, but I can't swear to that. Only one of my children had colic symptoms, but it turned out to be a temporary lactose intolerance problem, so massage didn't help.

To celebrate today, have some peach cobbler with your kids while you play a rousing game of scrabble with each of them, as always feel free to borrow mine if you don't have any of your own. Handicap yourself by only using words that Thomas Jefferson would have used. Finish up the day by giving your baby (or a borrowed baby if you don't happen to have one yourself) a lovely, relaxing massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment