Total Pageviews

October 25, 2013

Today we celebrate:

Chucky, The Notorious Killer Doll Day – This is not a real day....yet. Howver, there is a movement afoot to make it so. If you are on facebook, here's a link to the facebook page with 346 likes so far: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Make-Oct-25th-National-Chucky-The-Notorious-Killer-Doll-Day/145564115486852 I have never seen these movies and don't intend to start now, especially since I just read a brief summary of them and that is disturbing enough for me. 

International Artist Day – Today we honor artists of all kinds and the contribution they make to our society. Without art, this would be a very dull, quiet and colorless world. Do something to support an artist today.

Sourest Day – This is a day for sour people, sour candy, or sour food. It is supposed to emphasize the balance of nature. I don't particularly understand that thought, but I like the occasional sour food.

World Pasta Day –
Celebrated since 1995, and created by the World Pasta Congress (who knew that there even WAS a World Pasta Congress?), this is a day to honor the creation of pasta way back in 5,000 B.C, give or take a few years. With over 600 different shapes and sizes, I think you should find one you've never had before and give it a try.

National Breads
tix (Bread Sticks)Day – Celebrated on the last Friday in October, this is a day for bread sticks! I love bread sticks and they go with just about any meal you can think of.

National Greasy Foods Day – I'm sure that you are like me and try, for the most part, to eat healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables and lean proteins, cooked in healthy ways. Well, throw all of that out the window today and load up on nothing but greasy food. You don't get to do this very often, so jump at the chance today.


To celebrate today, eat some pasta, bread sticks, greasy food and sour candy while you watch the very artistic movie, Child's Play, which features Chucky, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Thanks for the mention last year International Artist Day coming up soon again Oct 25 Chris MacClure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Chris. Not to worry, I won't forget this year either. Art makes life worth living, in my opinion.

      Delete